Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Make a difference in an underserved community at Delano Regional Medical Center (governed by Central California Foundation for Health) a full-service community and regional hospital. With 156 beds, DRMC is a not-for-profit regional medical center with services including an intensive care unit, a sub-acute care unit, a medical-surgical unit, a dedicated surgical pavilion, and an obstetrics-gynecology unit.
- Team of 2 physicians and 4 APPs
- No call
- Open ICU
- No procedures required
- Schedule is 7on/7off days only
- Spanish speaking physicians are encouraged to apply
- $75k commencement bonus for full-time hires that can start prior to summer and a travel stipend available for physicians that do not live in the immediate area
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
The City of Delano is located in the Southern San Joaquin Valley and 31 miles Northwest of Bakersfield. Delano is Kern County’s second-largest city offering access to the central California wine country, central coast beach communities, Sierra Nevada Mountains, and all of the world-class shopping, dining, and sightseeing in Los Angeles. With a multitude of options for recreational fun including skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, white water rafting.