Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine, emergency medicine, and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in the communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when hospital medicine, emergency medicine, and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Frederick Memorial Hospital is an acute care hospital located in Frederick, Maryland. The hospital opened in 1902 and is the only acute care hospital within a 25-mile radius of the city. The hospital offers advanced surgical services and state-of-the-art care in a variety of disciplines that are new to the Frederick Community, including the Da Vinci Surgical System. They were named “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” by The Joint Commission. Sound programs at Frederick Memorial include inpatient hospitalist, observation, critical care, emergency room, and advisory services.
- 298-bed, community-based hospital
- An established team of 21 physicians, 9 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- No call and no procedures are required
- Closed ICU; 24/7 intensivist coverage by Sound’s own critical care team
- Full and part-time opportunities available
- Open to internal medicine and family medicine trained physicians
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located less than an hour from Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Gettysburg, the city of Frederick, Maryland is surrounded by mountain views, scenic walking trails, wineries, orchards, and a vibrant downtown. Frederick is a great place to raise a family.