Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
University of Maryland Capital Region Health (formerly Prince Georges Hospital Center) is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving the citizens of Prince George’s County and the surrounding area. Its mission is to provide high-quality, accessible healthcare services in partnership with the community. They plan to usher in a new era of healthcare for Prince George’s County with the opening of a new Regional Medical Center in 2021.
- 210-bed, community, teaching hospital
- Established team of 8 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Residents are responsible for codes
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- BC/BE in internal medicine required; Residents welcome to apply
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
The scenic community of Cheverly is located in central Maryland and is just a few miles outside of Washington D.C. Its close proximity to Washington D.C., Baltimore, Annapolis, and Alexandria, VA gives its residents an array of arts and entertainment, sporting events as well as outdoor activities.