Hospitalist in Upstate New York – Lucrative compensation plus productivity/RVU bonus
Our Lady of Lourdes, one of the largest community hospitals in the tri-cities area of New York with 267 beds, is a designated stroke center and home to the region’s first comprehensive cancer center. The main campus also includes a hospice program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, ICU, and a state-of-the-art ED that cares for more than 40,000 patients annually. In addition to robust ancillary support, Our Lady of Lourdes is a growing teaching hospital. Sound’s hospitalists serve as attending physicians to residents and medical interns from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. This is a unique opportunity to teach and impact residents in a private practice setting.
- Established team with 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses (includes dedicated nocturnists)
- Co-managed ICU with Intensivists; Hospitalists round ICU during a rotation block; No procedures required
- EMR: Cerner with Dragon for dictation
- No call environment
- Teaching FM residents opportunities available
- Part-time option available
- J1 / H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
- Lucrative compensation plus productivity/RVU bonus, commencement bonus, and relocation
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #21 in U.S News & World Report of America’s best hospitals for 2017-18
- The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognized Lourdes as a “Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus facility.”
- Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Binghamton is a midsize University town and the birthplace of IBM. The city has a thriving art community and serves as a regional hub for outdoor activities with miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as PGA golf courses. The community’s cost of living is 10% below the national average, and the public and parochial schools are nationally ranked. Binghamton University, part of the SUNY system, has been ranked in the top 50 public universities for the last 10 years. Recreation and leisure activities are plentiful in Binghamton’s four-season climate and include excellent dining, museums, minor league baseball and hockey, opera, galleries, and historic landmarks.