Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Our Lady of Lourdes, one of the largest community hospitals in the tri-cities area of New York with 267 beds, is a designated stroke center and home to the region’s first comprehensive cancer center. The main campus also includes a hospice program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, ICU, and state-of-the-art ED that cares for more than 40,000 patients annually. In addition to robust ancillary support, Our Lady of Lourdes is a growing teaching hospital. Sound’s hospitalists serve as attending physician to residents and medical interns from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. This is a unique opportunity to teach and impact residents in a private practice setting.
- Established team with 14 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, 2 clinical performance nurses, and hospitalist coordinator
- Hospitalists run codes with support from emergency medicine physicians and intensivists
- No procedures required; No call environment
- EMR: Cerner with Dragon for dictation
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #21 in U.S News & World Report of America’s best hospitals for 2017-18
- The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognized Lourdes as a “Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus facility.”
- Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Binghamton is a midsize University town and the birthplace of IBM. The city has a thriving art community and serves as a regional hub for outdoor activities with miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as PGA golf courses. The community’s cost of living is 10% below the national average, and the public and parochial schools are nationally ranked. Binghamton University, part of the SUNY system, has been ranked in the top 50 public universities for the last 10 years. Recreation and leisure activities are plentiful in Binghamton’s four-season climate and include excellent dining, museums, minor league baseball and hockey, opera, galleries, and historic landmarks.