Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Community Medical Center (CMC), a not-for-profit corporation, is a 151-bed hospital owned by the community of Missoula and is governed by a 15- member Board of Directors. CMC is the only facility providing obstetrical and newborn care in Missoula County. CMC is the only hospital in western Montana that has a separate pediatric intensive care unit for children and has the largest, most comprehensive, and longest-standing rehabilitation center of its kind in the state.
CMC has been serving and caring for the community for 100 years by being a home for hope and healing.
- Team of 6 full-time physicians and 2 APPs
- Part-time W2 position – 7 shifts a month
- The hospitalist team rotates through a fair share of day and night shifts with 2 physicians during the day, 7 AM – 5 PM, and 1 physician at night 5 PM – 7 AM
- Open ICU – with intensivist backup – procedures not required
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Known as the “Garden City” for its forested, lush surroundings and plentiful freshwater, Missoula is the leader among Montana cities in culture, community, and bringing national events to local venues. A 4 season recreational destination, Missoula stays active year-round with events, outdoor activities, local breweries, and an abundance of city parks. Home of the University of Montana, Missoula is popular with Division 1 sports lovers and academics alike. The beautiful Clark Fork River runs through the city center and the area offers mountain biking, hiking, trail running, & skiing. Missoula’s airport also has daily flights to major cities on 4 major airlines.