Internal Medicine Hospitalist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Northwest Texas Health Center, as a designated tertiary care academic institution, the hospital provides patients with advanced technological innovations for the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of clinical conditions. Northwest is nationally known for heart, emergency, stroke, and children’s care.
- 495-bed hospital
- Established 10 physician team and a clinical performance nurse.
- No call environment
- Open ICU with Specialty Support
- Internal Medicine physicians preferred
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians .
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Amarillo’s metro area has a total population of roughly 242,000 residents and is situated in the North end of the Texas Panhandle. Texas offers no state income tax and Amarillo’s cost of living remains one of the lowest in the country. Amarillo is historically known as “The Yellow Rose of Texas,” as the city takes its name from the Spanish word for yellow and has been most recently referred to as “Rotor City, USA” for its V-22 Osprey hybrid aircraft assembly plant.
- Recently voted as one of the top cities in the country to start a business and raise a family.
- Clean, modern downtown with a small-town feeling
- Low cost of living
- Relatively dry climate: summer days are warm to hot with low humidity with pleasant evenings.
- Located near the middle of the Texas Panhandle; Amarillo sits closer in proximity to Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Colorado borders.
- Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport offers more than 50 daily arrivals and departures.