Behavioral Health Hospitalist
Through People, We Make a Difference
This is a unique opportunity to join our SSM St. Joseph Hospital – Wentzville team managing medical patients at this hospital that provides inpatient behavioral health to adolescents and adults in the Wentzville and St. Charles areas.
- 77-bed community-based hospital
- No procedures required
- Round on patients 7am-5pm; call from 5pm-7pm; 7on/7off schedule, days only
- Will be the sole physician each day, rounding on patients needing medical management and assisting with admissions from a medical management perspective.
- The average census at this hospital is approx. 30 patients; 7-15 new patients coming in, depending on the day
- No nights, procedures, or ICU care
- Must be BE or BC to see patients of all ages. IM, FM, or IM/Peds. Must be comfortable seeing adolescents
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Wentzville is located in western St. Charles County, just off Interstate 70. It is the fastest-growing city in Missouri and its major employer is General Motors. It is home to the nation’s first Vietnam Veterans memorial. It is located just 40 minutes from downtown St. Louis and the historic Gateway Arch, which offers numerous opportunities such as The St. Louis Zoo and is home to the St. Louis Cardinals. Wentzville is also located 20 minutes from many wineries and offers much to do for outdoor enthusiasts.