Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Southwestern Medical Center is located in Lawton, Oklahoma, and is a part of the ScionHealth healthcare network. The hospital provides a comprehensive range of medical services and high-quality care.
- 140-bed medical center
- Hospitalist team with 2 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- No procedures required
- Open ICU
- No call environment
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Lawton, Oklahoma, located just 90 miles southwest of Oklahoma City, is in the heart of the Great Plains Country and is best known for Fort Still Military Reservation. Lawton is home to the Great Plains Technology Center and Cameron University. With abundant lakes, including Lake Lawtonka, Lawton offers a great place for water sports, camping, and hiking. With some of the most breathtaking scenery in the state, Mount Scott is 2000 feet above the plains. If you prefer indoor activities there are a multitude of options with cultural festivals, historical landmarks, casinos, entertainment, and a plethora of restaurants and shopping. Forbes listed Lawton as the “Best Small Places for Businesses and Careers.”
- Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval
- The Joint Commission for Significant, Sustained Improvement
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditations in Ambulatory Health Care and Laboratory Services
- CARF Accreditation