Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Hospitalist and Nocturnist Opportunities at CarolinaEast Medical Center in New Bern
CarolinaEast Health System has been providing exceptional services to New Bern, North Carolina, and surrounding areas for more than 55 years. Along with a 350-bed state-of-the-art inpatient facility, CarolinaEast Health System includes a Diagnostic Center, Surgery Center, CarolinaEast Home Care, Rehabilitation Hospital, and Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Services. Together these families of services touch more than 400,000 lives a year.
- An established team of 19 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and two clinical performance nurses
- 350-bed hospital
- No call environment
- Hospitalist team is responsible for codes
- Closed ICU; no procedures required
- Schedule: 7 on/7 off; 12 hr shifts
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Awards and Recognitions:
- Newsweek – #5 Best in State Hospital (2021); #115 Worlds Best Hospital (2021)
- Business North Carolina Magazine – #6 Top Hospital in North Carolina (2021)
- Women’s Choice Awards -America’s Best Hospital Patient Experience; Patient Safety (2022)
- Forbes named UNC Healthcare as a part of its best large employers list for 2023
- Becker’s named UNC Healthcare as one of the 150 top places to work in healthcare
Location & Lifestyle
Once the capital of North Carolina and the birthplace of Pepsi-Cola, New Bern offers an adventure for everyone! This 300-year-old city is a history buff’s dream with guided tours by both land and boat and historic downtown filled with cafes, art galleries, and antique stores. Located directly on the water, New Bern offers an array of water activities for the entire family including boating, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing. North Carolina is home to some of the best golfing in the country and New Bern is home to 6 fantastic courses that will challenge even the most avid golfer. Want to get away? Coastal Carolina Regional Airport is located just 3 miles from New Bern’s central business district and has direct flights to Atlanta and Charlotte daily. But with all New Bern has to offer – what more is there to enjoy?
What Matters to You
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.