Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Ascension St. John Medical Center in Tulsa, OK, delivers specialty and 24/7 emergency care and a Level II Trauma Center. We provide advanced surgical care for serious and life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Ascension St. John Medical Center is a destination for specialty care – including heart, cancer, stroke care, orthopedics, and women’s health.
- 394-bed community-based non-profit hospital
- Dedicated hospitalist with an interest in geriatric care
- Geriatric patient population ages 60+
- Admitting patients to trauma service
- 7 on/off; day shifts: 7am-7pm
- H1B and J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
What Matters to You
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Once considered the oil capital of the world, “T-Town” has developed into a vibrant (albeit small), modern metro area. Straddling the South, Southwest, and Midwest regions of the country, Tulsa is home to a distinct culture comprised of the best characteristics of each of these regions, in addition to Native American and cowboy heritage. The community often comes together to celebrate its heritage and common interests. Some of the most popular events include Oktoberfest, the Tulsa Tough annual bicycle race and affiliated Cry Baby Hill block party, several food festivals, and Mayfest. Tulsa has some great outdoor spots that locals routinely take advantage of with more than 130 parks in the metro area, including the popular River West Festival Park and Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area. More than 50 miles of trails traverse the Tulsa area, providing hikers and bikers with beautiful views of the Arkansas River. The metro area is also home to several golf courses, as well as plenty of places to team up and play soccer, rugby, and baseball. Enjoying live music is a favorite pastime for Tulsa residents, who flock to popular venues like Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa Theater, The BOK Center, and Guthrie Green. Tulsa also appeals to art aficionados with a collection of galleries and the expansive Philbrook Museum of Art. The Deco District showcases examples of art deco architecture.
Awards and Accolades
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain ̶ MI
- Registry Gold Performance Achievement Award
- Stroke Center Named Comprehensive Stroke Center by Joint Commission, Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Verified as a Level II Trauma Center by the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons
- Five-Star Program Rating by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
- Received CORE Certification from the International Geriatric Fracture Society
- Among Nation’s Top Performing Hospitals for Treatment of Heart Attack Patients
- Recognized as a Spotlight Hospital by the Oklahoma Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative
- Certified Transcatheter Valve Center by the American College of Cardiology