Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Sound Physicians is seeking a Co-Medical Director who will partner with another full-time medical director in running our hospitalist program at St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital!
Mercy Health Youngstown is an integrated health system in the Mahoning Valley, which encompasses the Youngstown/Warren metropolitan area – Mahoning, Trumbull, and Columbiana counties in Ohio. It is part of Mercy Health, which is headquartered in Cincinnati and is the largest health system in Ohio and one of the largest Catholic health systems in the United States.
- 550 bed, not-for-profit, teaching hospital providing care to residents of northeastern Ohio and northwestern Pennsylvania
- Established team of 6 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse; Strong subspecialist support
- Hospitalists run codes and rapid responses on their own patients
- Co-managed ICU; no procedures required
- Must be board certified in internal medicine or family medicine
- 2+ years prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience required
- Sign-on bonus – $75k
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location & Lifestyle
Situated an hour’s drive from Cleveland and Pittsburgh, Youngstown is at the center of the Mahoning Valley. With a population of 550,000, it’s a comfortable and inviting community with excellent schools and affordable housing, plus dozens of galleries, museums, performance venues, and historic sites. Mahoning County is home to lush parks and miles of hiking and biking trails. Several nearby lakes are great places to spend the day on the water. Plus, you’re just an hour south of beautiful Lake Erie. The Youngstown area has been ranked #4 in the country for top-quality public golf courses, with more than a dozen to play. Northeast Ohio is home to some of the finest domestic wineries in the country with varietals unique to the climate. The local dining scene satisfies “foodies” with a wide variety of cuisine. From the professional Youngstown Symphony Orchestra to the longest continually running community theater in the U.S., the arts are playing an important part in the rebirth of the area. The unique Butler Institute of American Art is home to over 20,000 works created solely by American artists. In addition to traditional malls, you’ll find everything from Ohio’s only indoor Amish Market to quaint antique shops and one of Ohio’s most unique farmers markets. The area offers USHL hockey, Division 1 NCAA football, and Class A baseball. It’s easy to take in the game of your choice close to home. For major league sports, Cleveland and Pittsburgh are just an hour away. Youngstown is perfectly situated for those who like to travel with 3 international airports within an hour’s drive.