Clinical Performance Registered Nurse
Quality Improvement Nurse – No Nights, No Weekends, and Paid Holidays Off!
Are you a registered nurse with a passion for improving the quality of patient care? If so, this may be the ideal career for you! As a Clinical Performance Nurse (CPN) with Sound’s hospitalist team at Munson Healthcare Cadillac Hospital, you are a collaborative team member who will build strong relationships with your clinical provider team and implement strategic plans to improve patient outcomes. Wouldn’t you love to wake up every day excited about the work you do?
What does it take to be a Successful Clinical Performance Nurse?
- A Registered Nurse (RN), with a passion for improving patient care
- A proactive “go-getter” who can follow through on commitments.
- A positive attitude and the ability to adapt and be nimble in an innovative healthcare organization
- A collaborative influencer who sees the big picture and works with integrity
- Service-oriented with the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-focused with an interest in data analytics
A Multifaceted Role on the Hospitalist Team
While this position does not provide direct patient care, you participate in daily workflows, advocate for patient goals in the care plan, and ensure communication throughout the care team as the patient moves through their hospital stay. Sound’s mission to improve the quality of health care does not stop when a patient is discharged. We have a keen interest in making sure that our patients are properly cared for after they leave our care in the hospital.
As a Clinical Performance Nurse, you are an essential member of the team who partners with the medical director to engage and educate the hospitalist physicians and APPs in quality and process improvement initiatives. You will use key metrics from our proprietary metrics software to measure and track performance outcomes.
As a Clinical Performance Nurse (CPN), you will work Monday-Friday, 40 hours each week in a fast-paced environment while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy in all you do. This role requires strong clinical knowledge and experience in the acute care hospital setting. Having the ability to assess a patient’s clinical status and readiness for discharge is important.
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives around patient satisfaction, length of stay, and reducing readmission – helpful but not required.
- Critical thinking skills and proficiency with technology, including electronic medical systems and Microsoft Office
- RN licensure in good standing; BSN – preferred
- 2 or more years of acute care nursing experience is required. (Additional experience in case management, quality, utilization review, transitional care, or post-acute services is helpful but not required)
Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Join our team!