Clinical Performance Registered Nurse
Wake up Excited about the Great Work You Do – No Nights, No Weekends, and No Holidays
Are you a registered nurse known for being an innovative self-starter who enjoys process and quality improvement, which increases the quality of your patient’s outcomes? This may be the ideal career for you. As a clinical performance nurse (CPN) at St John Medical Center, you are a collaborative influencer who can gain credibility with your clinical provider team and implement strategic plans to improve patient care. Wouldn’t you love to wake up every day excited about the work you do, leading the way and truly changing healthcare for the better?
What does it take to be a Successful Clinical Performance Nurse?
- A dynamic and innovative registered nurse, with a passion for improving patient care
- A proactive “go-getter” who can follow through on commitments
- A positive attitude and the ability to adapt and be nimble in an innovative healthcare organization
- A collaborative influencer who sees the big picture and works with integrity
- Service-oriented with the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation
- Detail focused with a thirst for data analytics
A Multifaceted Leadership Role on the Hospitalist Team
While this position does not involve providing direct patient care, you participate in daily workflows, advocate for patient goals in the care plan, and ensure communication throughout the care team as the patient moves through their hospital stay. Sound’s mission to improve the quality of health care does not stop when a patient is discharged. We have a keen interest in making sure that our patients are properly cared for after they leave our care in the hospital.
As a CPN, you are an essential member of the team who partners with the chief hospitalist physician to engage and educate the hospitalist provider team in quality and process improvement initiatives. You will use key metrics from our proprietary metrics software to measure and track performance outcomes. You will also be involved in various hospital committees and will present information about the team’s quality data to hospital leadership regularly.
As a CPN, you will work Monday-Friday 40 hours each week in a fast-paced environment while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy in all you do. This role requires strong clinical knowledge and experience in the acute care hospital setting (critical care, case management, and quality and/or utilization review experience are helpful). Knowing process improvement methodology and the ability to assess a patient’s clinical status and readiness for discharge is important.
Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Join us today!
- RN licensure in good standing; BSN – preferred
- 2 or more years of nursing experience are required. Additional experience in case management, quality, utilization review, transitional care, or post-acute services preferred
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives around HCAHPS, CMI, and reducing readmission
- Critical thinking skills and proficiency with technology, including electronic medical systems and Microsoft Office