Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Through People, We Make a Difference
At Sound Physicians, we know that an engaged team stems from strong clinical leadership. Our leaders include board-certified clinicians who bring years of clinical and operational knowledge along with demonstrated success in the building and management of nationwide anesthesia practice. Their focus on establishing an anesthesia care team model where each clinician is valued and invested in ensures that we can continue to improve the perioperative experience and decrease costs for our patients.
Sound Physicians has taken a unique approach to anesthesia services to drive volume while increasing the quality of patient care. Our care-team model leverages both physicians and CRNAs to facilitate throughput in the OR and provide closer contact between anesthesia clinicians and patients. The result is better access to anesthesia resources, improved productivity, and enhanced patient experience.
What Sets Sound Apart
- Expertise in performance management across the entire acute and post-acute episode of care
- Our technology-forward, data-driven approach to improving patient experience
- SoundMetrix, our proprietary analytics platform, provides real-time, risk-adjusted metrics and patient levels to optimize care
- Sound’s own workflow and communications platform that supports clinician and nursing workflows across care settings
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Medical programs excel when they have teams that are provided with consistent development opportunities and the resources they need to support their well-being. All of our clinicians attend an in-person onboarding session to align our vision and values and the values and goals of our hospital partners. In addition, we heavily invest in online and in-person development opportunities for our clinicians to help them reach their greatest potential.
St. Joseph Medical Center is part of the Stewart Health Network and Houston’s first hospital. For more than 130 years St. Joseph has provided comprehensive healthcare to the community.
Sound Anesthesia has a rare CRNA opportunity in the heart of Houston, TX at St. Joseph Medical Center. Be a part of a family-like culture that allows you to practice at the top of your license.
Opportunity highlights include:
- Approx 12,500 annual case volume
- Scope includes: Trauma, Ortho, Vascular, Bariatrics, OB/GYN, Endoscopy, Peds, and Plastics
- CRNAs supervised by MD; practice at top of your license with the ability to do regional blocks, spinals, and epidurals.
- Lifestyle practice with rare weekend call shift working maybe 40 hours per week
- Multiple shift options available: 8s, 10s, 12s, and 16s
- Rotating schedule of 8, (2) 10s, and 12 expected by team
- Guaranteed salary with annual incentives + additional shift pay and additional call pay for extra shifts picked up
- Full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits + supplemental insurances offered
- CME reimbursements
- 401k with matching
- Organization paid malpractice insurance
Location & Lifestyle
Houston, the 2nd most populous city in the state of Texas, is located in Southeast Texas near Galveston Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. The city boasts a strong economy and is on Forbes’s list of Best Places for Business and Careers and has a broad industrial base in energy, manufacturing, aeronautics, and transportation, and leading in healthcare. They are known for cultural diversity, medicine, and research, and are home to many cultural institutions and exhibits, including performing arts, Theatre District, Houston Symphony Orchestra Broadway acts, concerts, and shows, as well as their diverse food and restaurant culture. Houston is also home to many professional sports and has most major professional leagues including Football, Baseball, Grand Prix, and Houston Open Golf Tournament. Houston has the 7th largest school district in the US and the largest in Texas with over 4 distinct state universities, several private institutions of higher learning, over 300 private schools, and several graduate schools in law and healthcare.