Associate Program Medical Director, Critical Care
The Team – The Hospital
Associate ICU Medical Director Opportunity in East Texas! If you’re looking for an opportunity to lead, while making an excellent living, take a moment and apply below!
Christus St. Michael’s is a 312-bed, non-profit hospital with a full scope of health services, serving the four-state region of Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. The hospital is a Level III trauma center, Primary Stroke Center. They have also been accredited by the Joint Commission, recognized as a NICHE hospital, and are Magnet recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 32 bed ICU; medical, surgical, and cardiovascular patients
- Team of 2 intensivists and 4 advanced practitioners
- Schedule: Day shifts with limited night call; 7 on 7 off schedule
- Excellent compensation & benefits package including $100,000 commencement bonus, monthly leadership stipend, and relocation assistance!
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Education, Training & Experience Required
The Associate Program Medical Director will help oversee a team of experienced advanced practice providers and assist with quality improvement initiatives. You will practice clinically in addition to administrative responsibilities and should have at least five years of leadership experience in a large ICU.
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine with 2+ years of critical care experience preferred
- Chief fellows are encouraged to apply!
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. As an Associate Program Medical Director with Sound Critical Care, you will assist the Program Medical Director with developing, leading, and mentoring your team. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Location & Lifestyle
Texarkana is a unique city split between Texarkana, Texas and Texarkana, Arkansas. With an MSA of 143,400, residents enjoy a low cost of living and no state income tax in Texas as well as Arkansans living within the city limits.
- Abundant woodlands and area lakes are enjoyed year-round affording opportunities for hunting, fishing, boating, golfing
- Larger metro areas such as Dallas and Little Rock are just a few hours away. Shreveport is only an hour
- Exceptional public and private school system including a magnet school and two colleges.