Associate Medical Director
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in the communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when both the hospital medicine and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
SSM St. Mary’s Hospital, a two-time winner of the prestigious Premier Award for Quality, is a teaching hospital that offers an independent, accredited IM residency and is the headquarters for St. Louis University School of Medicines Dept. of Obstetrics/Gynecology and its FP residency program. The hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services and comprehensive medical care, including the only Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI center.
- 476-bed, non-profit teaching hospital; Part of the SSM (Sister’s of St. Mary) hospital system
- An established team of 20 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Closed ICU with intensivist coverage provided by Sound’s own critical care team
- Procedure experience is not required
- BC/BE in internal medicine with ACLS/BALS certifications
- 4+ years of hospitalist experience and career aspirations to lead a team
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Location and Lifestyle
The metropolitan city of St. Louis offers a low cost of living, named the “20-minute city” for little traffic and easy commutes. The “must-see” in this city is the 630 ft. Gateway Arch, built in the 1960s to honor westward expansion. For sports fans, the city is home to the NFL’s St. Louis Rams, MLB Cardinals, and the NHL’s St. Louis Blues. St. Louis offers easy access to international travel at the St. Louis Lambert International Airport. There are many hip and desirable neighborhoods including Central West End and Richmond Heights which are close to downtown, universities, restaurants, outdoor excursions, and rural countryside drives. St Louis is also home to USA Today’s #1 City Park, Forest Park, located right in the middle of town!
- Great schools including public, private, and parochial
- Some of the nation’s best universities including Washington University, St. Louis University, University of Missouri
- Cardinals Baseball at Busch Stadium, Cricket, Soccer, Football, Cycling, Pro Hockey