Associate Medical Director
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
This leadership position is a support to the Medical Director. Responsibilities include assisting in the oversight of the hospitalist team. It is 75% clinical to include committee meeting attendance, interviewing, quality initiatives and interaction with hospital administration, teaching IM residents, and other duties. Compensation includes a leadership stipend, bonuses, and relocation.
- An established team of 19 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and two clinical performance nurses
- No call environment; No procedures required
- Hospitalist team is responsible for codes
- Closed ICU
- 25% admin, 75% clinical (12 clinical; 3 admin); Days only
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required with 1+ years of leadership experience preferred
Awards & Recognitions
- Newsweek – #5 Best in State Hospital (2021); #115 Worlds Best Hospital (2021)
- Business North Carolina Magazine – #6 Top Hospital in North Carolina (2021)
- Women’s Choice Awards -America’s Best Hospital Patient Experience; Patient Safety (2022)
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
Once the capital of North Carolina and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola, New Bern offers an adventure for everyone! This 300-year-old city is a history buff’s dream with guided tours by both land and boat and historic downtown filled with cafes, art galleries, and antique stores. Located directly on the water, New Bern offers an array of water activities for the entire family including boating, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing. North Carolina is home to some of the best golfing in the country and New Bern is home to 6 fantastic courses that will challenge even the most avid golfer. Want to get away? Coastal Carolina Regional Airport is located just 3 miles from New Bern’s central business district and has direct flights to Atlanta and Charlotte daily. But with all New Bern has to offer – what more is there to enjoy!