Associate Medical Director
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when both the hospital medicine and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a 391-bed community acute care medical and surgical hospital founded in 1895 and is located in Rockland County, NY. Its mission is to provide competent, innovative, and accessible emergency and acute care services to Rockland County residents and surrounding areas Nyack Hospital is a member of the Montefiore Health System and a partner with Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, providing clinical rotations to third-year medical students.
- Established team of 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment; Intensivists run codes
- Closed ICU; Intensivist support from Sound’s own critical care physicians
- No procedures required
- Schedule: 7 on/ 7 off, 7am – 7- pm
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine with 3+ years of hospitalist experience required
Awards and Accolades:
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma – Level III Trauma Center Designation
- Recipient of Outstanding Achievement Award New York State – Stroke Center Designation
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement Program
Location and Lifestyle
The hospital is located along the Hudson River and offers easy access to both Upstate New York and the New York City metro area. Nyack’s unique location provides physicians with the opportunity to live in this quaint town or closer to the city, for a more urban environment. The hospital is a long-standing employer in Nyack and supports the local community through employee engagement and sponsorship.