Associate Medical Director
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital, originally named Fannie C. Paddock Memorial Hospital was founded in 1882 becoming the first hospital in the city of Tacoma, WA. In partnership with the MultiCare Health System, MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital has grown to become a 437 licensed bed facility with a Level II Adult Trauma Center offering a wide range of essential health care services.
- The hospitalist team has 28 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Co-managed ICU
- ED runs codes
- No procedures required
- No call
- Schedule: 50/50 split with 7 clinical and 7 admin shifts a month
- Board certification and ACLS/BLS required
- Prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience preferred or 1+ years acute care hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
The Puget Sound area offers many State and National parks, hikes, and public land. On the same day, you could ski/snowboard and be on the golf course in the low lands. The area and surrounding areas offer multiple culinary cuisine, culture, arts, and museums. A short drive from Tacoma, you can enjoy an NFL, MLB, soccer, and soon professional hockey game in Seattle, WA. The Pacific Northwest is truly an outdoor paradise in all 4 seasons.
Awards and Accolades
- Named “Best Hospital” by South Sound magazine’s “Best of the South Sound” annual reader poll
- Recipient of the SightLife Vision Award for exceptional performance as well as demonstrated commitment to cornea donation and advocacy
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- The only hospital in the South Sound to receive certification from DNV GL – Healthcare as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
- “A” Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group
- Ranks No. 1 as the region’s preferred choice for health care
- Received the 2012-2013 Consumer Choice Award, as chosen by local residents surveyed by National Research Cor