Associate Medical Director
Success Happens When You Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” amid our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians.
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Our Chief Hospitalist won the “Outstanding Physician Leadership Quality Award” for all of the Southern California Adventist Health Region. He is one of the top doctors in five Adventist hospitals. Adventist Health Bakersfield recently received the “Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence” from HealthGrades for the third year in a row and Leapfrog, a healthcare rating organization, has named Adventist Health Bakersfield one of only 35 hospitals in the United States and six in California to receive its Top Hospital Award! The CEO recognized that this was, in large part, due to the excellent care that our team has been providing since we started the program. This award places Adventist Health Bakersfield in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation.
- 255-bed not-for-profit hospital
- Procedures are not required
- Hospitalists do not run codes
- Semi-closed ICU
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Prior medical director/leadership experience preferred or 2+ years acute care hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
This ideal location offers the best of both worlds: Affordable living and proximity to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and the Sierra Nevada mountains. This is a highly desirable location for home buyers due to its affordability and low cost of living while offering close access to Central California wine country, central valley, beach communities, and all the amenities in Los Angeles. Enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping, and a diverse economy with many locally owned businesses. Furthermore enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, and white water rafting.