Assistant Medical Director
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? Sound Physicians is seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. As healthcare becomes more complex it takes a resilient leader to collaborate and find new ways to bring a team together and provide high-quality care for patients every day. We’ve made deep investments in our learning & development team which have a host of material to accelerate onboarding and mentorship to ensure colleague success in new roles.
- Customized learning platform geared toward physicians at all stages of their professional and personal development
- Contributions are valued and rewarded through concentrated efforts and deep investments in our people
- Specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
Here For You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. As an Assistant Medical Director, we know you will add tremendous value to the organization as you are afforded the autonomy to make program-scale decisions and develop innovative solutions that make Sound an employer of choice for clinicians and partner of choice for hospitals. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
- Path to Partnership program for employed physicians that provides additional incentives
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
The Assistant Medical Director works under the direction of the System Medical Director to ensure the successful execution of core deliverables, programs, and processes. This position is 100% clinical with an excellent opportunity to grow into leadership within Sound!
The Jewish Hospital – Mercy Health was founded in 1850 as the first Jewish hospital in the United States and now cares for people of all faiths in the Cincinnati suburb of Kenwood. It holds a strong legacy of teaching physicians, which dates back more than 100 years, and still today, The Jewish Hospital is known for its top training of surgical, medical, pharmaceutical, and podiatry residents. Alongside stellar teaching programs, The Jewish Hospital is proud to offer the community the only adult Blood & Marrow Transplant Center in the region; a premier Joint Replacement Center, which performs nearly 1,000 total joint replacements every year; a top-notch mobile mammography program; the Weight Management Center; and full-spectrum cardiovascular and Emergency services. Quality of Care remains a top concern, and in 2016, a new patient tower featuring all private patient rooms was constructed to better serve the community.
- 200-bed, community, non-profit hospital
- An established team of 14 physicians and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Open ICU; Hospitalists are attending; IM resident covered; pulmonary consult
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine
- 1+ years of hospital leadership experience required
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Location and Lifestyle
Cincinnati’s blend of cultural heritage, historic architecture, world-class sports teams, and museums draw people from all over the United States. Popular Cincinnati attractions include cruising along the Ohio River in the BB Riverboats, going to see the Bengals pro-football, or the Reds pro-baseball teams play, strolling along the Cincinnati Riverfront Park, or visiting one of the many art and history museums. Other attractions include the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, the Krohn Conservatory, and Coney Island. Cincinnati’s mix of indoor and outdoor entertainment, restaurants, and attractions make it the perfect city in which to live and work, no matter the season.