Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Swing Shift
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in the communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when hospital medicine and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Einstein Medical Center Montgomery is a teaching facility located just North of Philadelphia in Norriton, PA, and is one of 3 hospitals in the Einstein Healthcare Network. It has received the nationally recognized Leapfrog Hospital Safety “A” Grade in the spring of 2018.
- 192-bed, community-based, teaching facility
- Team of 15 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Residents are responsible for codes
- No call environment
- Closed ICU; Intensivist coverage by Sound’s own critical care team
- Procedures are not required
- Schedule: M-F, 7p-3a, PTO
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license (ACNP); Acute care certification required
- Minimum of 2 years of acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
East Norriton, Pennsylvania is 20 miles northwest of Philadelphia. It was recognized by Business Week as one of the nation’s top five Best Affordable Suburbs in 2009. East Norriton is home to the Barley Sheaf Inn and Old Norriton Presbyterian Church, which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Philadelphia is a vibrant and diverse city with a vast amount of culture and history as well as world-class educational institutions, medical facilities, museums, entertainment, sports venues, and restaurants.