Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Join a collegial, collaborative group delivering high-quality, team-based care in a rural setting in northern Michigan. Munson Healthcare Grayling Hospital, a 120-bed, non-profit hospital, was recognized by the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health and iVantage Analytics for top performance and excellence in outcomes.
- Highly engaged team of 4 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Hospitalist team is responsible for codes
- 6-bed, open ICU that operates like a step down unit
- Procedures required: central lines and vent management
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Current, unrestricted license in MI and certification in AANP/ANCC or NCCPA; 2+ years of acute care experience preferred
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
Location & Lifestyle
Known for its outdoor activities and laid-back lifestyle, the picturesque community of Grayling is the small town everyone has been looking for and the perfect setting to raise a family, start or complete a career. There are many excellent housing options varying from historical homes to the privacy of rustic settings, as well as excellent schools, shopping & recreational opportunities nearby. Outdoor life is the name of the game – hiking, biking, and kayaking, canoeing, skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hunting, and fishing, are just 5 minutes away. Located just 50 miles from Traverse City, the area offers city access and its own endless year-round events for the sort of lifestyle a family would want including museums, historic landmarks, golf courses, and festivals.