Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Munson Healthcare Cadillac Hospital is a 49-bed, non-profit, acute care hospital serving seven counties in northern Michigan and ranks among the NRHA’s 2021 Top 20 Rural & Community Hospitals in the nation! The nocturnist APP will work at the hospital with support from our telemedicine remote team.
- Team of 4 physicians, 4 advanced practice providers, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU; 6-bed low acuity
- Procedures not required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off, 7pm-7am (nocturnist)
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Michigan
- Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, AANP) or FNP with a minimum of 1 year of hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
Cadillac is positioned in beautiful northern lower Michigan and built around two large inland lakes, Lake Cadillac and Lake Mitchell. Located just 50 minutes from Traverse City and Lake Michigan, and 90 miles from Grand Rapids. Surrounded by over 90,000 acres of state and national forest, 3 major rivers, streams, 200 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, 34 downhill ski runs, over 60 miles of cross country ski and snowshoe trails, four-season outdoor recreation is limitless. Cadillac is home to the highest peak in Michigan at Caberfae Ski resort. The community offers excellent restaurants, entertainment, and industry. Cadillac is home to Four Winns boats. Cadillac offers excellent schools including Baker College and Ferris State University (40 miles south).