Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
MCE is located on the east side of Columbus, OH, the capital of Ohio, and is part of the second-largest healthcare system in central Ohio, Mount Carmel Health System. The hospital has the busiest adult emergency department in the greater Columbus region and works with the other Mount Carmel Hospitals to serve more than 500,000 patients per year. At Mount Carmel East, you will find support from a variety of specialties such as cardiology, neurology, critical care, ophthalmology, orthopedic surgery, endocrinology, and more. MCE also has its very own Heart Center and Maternity Center, and recently underwent a large reconstruction to expand the hospital size, add state-of-the-art intensive care units, add an endoscopy lab and a neuroscience unit, and a Level II Trauma Center!
- 415-bed hospital
- Team of 29 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and two clinical performance nurses
- Hospitalists respond to codes
- No call environment
- Open ICU with 24/7 intensivist support
- Procedure experience is not required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Ohio; Acute care certification required
- Minimum 1 year of acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Columbus is the state capital of Ohio, as well as, the largest city in the state with almost 750,000 residents. Visitors and residents enjoy a wide array of sporting events, art museums, music festivals, concerts, restaurants, and historical events. In addition to being a large city with numerous cultural attractions, Columbus also features a diverse climate that offers much for the outdoor lover. The average low temperature reaches about 20 degrees in the winter, while the average high temperature sours to 85 degrees in the summer. State Parks offer 80,000 acres of water for fishing, boating, and swimming, and many acres of parks for picnicking. Columbus is a perfect balance of big city living and Midwestern beauty.