Nocturnist Observation Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Frederick Memorial Hospital is an acute care hospital located in Frederick, Maryland. The hospital opened in 1902 and is the only acute care hospital within a 25-mile radius of the city. The hospital offers advanced surgical services and state-of-the-art care in a variety of disciplines that are new to the Frederick Community, including the Da Vinci Surgical System. They were named “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” by The Joint Commission.
- An established team of 21 physicians, 9 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- No call environment
- Procedures are not required
- Closed ICU; 24/7 intensivist coverage by Sound’s own critical care team
- Integrated care program – Sound manages the hospitalist, critical care, and emergency medicine services (including EM pediatrics)
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine, emergency medicine, and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in the communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when hospital medicine, emergency medicine, and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, AANP); 2+ years of observation or acute care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Located less than an hour from Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Gettysburg, the city of Frederick, Maryland is surrounded by mountain views, scenic walking trails, wineries, orchards, and a vibrant downtown. Frederick is a great place to raise a family.