Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Day Hospitalist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
Swedish American Hospital is a 357-bed, non-profit, teaching hospital serving the greater Rockford region, northern Illinois, and southern Wisconsin. As a division of the University of Wisconsin Health, Swedish offers patients local access to many world-class specialists. The hospital is also the largest regional cancer center and the only heart hospital in the region and has achieved Magnet® recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, teamwork, and superiority in patient care.
Join a seasoned team of hospitalists with outstanding support, working alongside another APP each day in managing the Observation Unit.
- Hospitalists will assist with codes on their own patients and be a part of rapid responses
- No call environment
- Co-managed ICU: APPs will not be in the ICU
- Procedures are not required
- Integrated care program – Sound manages the hospital medicine, emergency medicine, advisory, and telemedicine programs
- Schedule is 7 on/7 off, 12-hour shifts
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Illinois; acute care certification and must have at least 6 months of experience to be considered
Location & Lifestyle
Rockford, Illinois is located 90 miles NW of Chicago and has a population of just under 150,000. There is a small-town friendliness mixed with vibrancy from a richness of natural sites and intellectual institutions with diverse cultures and businesses. Rockford offers an excellent place to live, work, and play. Rockford has fantastic schools, a local symphony, a community theatre, and a university.