Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
McLaren Port Huron is a 186-bed, non-profit, level III trauma center and community hospital, located in Port Huron, Michigan. The hospital provides many specialties to the patients being treated including cardiovascular care, cancer services, orthopedic care, and general, bariatric, and robotic-assisted surgeries, and has been recognized as a High Performing Hospital for 2021-22 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Team of 6 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 18-bed, co-managed ICU with full critical care support; Procedures only required at night – CL’s and vent mgt
- The hospitalist team is responsible for codes
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Michigan
- Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, AANP)
- Minimum 2 years of hospitalist experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Port Huron is located in the heart of Michigan’s Blue Water area. On the banks of Lake Huron, this area is home to more than 70,000 and is within an hour of Metro Detroit, and three hours of Toronto, Ontario. The Blue Water area’s sandy beaches offer endless recreational activities including sailing, fishing, swimming, and viewing international freighter traffic. Port Huron is the home of the Silver Stick Hockey Tournament and the Port Huron Prowlers professional FHL hockey team. Support of the arts and culture in our community has made Port Huron one of Michigan’s “Cool Cities”. Port Huron is strong academically and area schools have performing arts centers and many state-wide recognized sports programs. Local colleges offer a wide variety of two-and four-year degrees. Annual events in our city are Summer Fest, the Port Huron to Mackinac Sailboat Race, and the St. Clair County 4-H Fair.