Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital, a 333-bed acute care hospital is a Level II Trauma Center, a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, and the only Level I Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center in St. Charles County. In 2017, St. Charles was given the High-Value Health Care Citation of Merit and rated “A” by Leapfrog for patient safety.
- Team of 12 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Co-managed, 14-bed ICU with full critical care support; Procedures not required
- Hospitalists run codes
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in MO (ACNP, AANP, ANCC); 2+ years of experience required
Location & Lifestyle
St. Charles is the 9th largest city in Missouri. It is situated on the Missouri River in the northwest suburb of St. Louis. It is a restored historic city and the oldest city on the Missouri River. St. Charles is home to many public and private schools. The city has 24 parks offering a wide variety of opportunities from swimming, biking, and hiking on their pristine nature trails. St. Charles is home to Missouri’s first and largest historic district called “Main Street”. It is brick paved and home to 125-one-of-a-kind-shops. There are also many dining options along the main street district. The city is a short 30-minute drive to downtown St. Louis via Interstate 70.