Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Munson Healthcare Manistee Hospital is a 45-bed acute care hospital offering emergency, diagnostic, treatment, and rehabilitation services. The hospital has over 350 employees, including 40 primary care and specialty services physicians.
- Team of 2 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Hospitalist team will respond to codes
- No call environment
- Open ICU – 6-bed, low acuity; No procedures required
- Schedule: M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in MI; Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, AANP) or FNP with a minimum of 1 year of hospitalist experience
- Minimum of 1 year of recent experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Manistee is a popular port city on Lake Michigan and is one of the top boating and fishing ports in Michigan. Its historic Victorian-era downtown features shops, restaurants, galleries, and the local Ramsdell Theater holds plays, concerts, and events. The world-renowned Interlochen Arts Academy is less than an hour away. This four seasons community is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts with many activities including boating, fishing, golfing, and skiing at the nearby Crystal Mountain ski resort.