Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- 330-bed, non-profit hospital; Part of Ascension system
- Team of 16 physicians, 6 full-time advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- No code requirement; Critical care team is responsible for codes
- Closed, 30-bed ICU; No procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Current, unrestricted license in MI and certification in AANP/ANCC or NCCPA; will consider family practice or geriatric certification with recent acute care experience
- 2+ years of hospitalist APP experience required
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Kalamazoo is based in the southwest region of Michigan. Kalamazoo is mainly situated along the bank of a major southwest bend in the Kalamazoo River and its northeastern part of the city lies flat in the broad Kalamazoo Valley. The city once was the home of the Hopewell Native Americans who sometime before the first millennium, had migrated to Kalamazoo. There is still evidence that remains of the Hopewell civilization in the downtown area of Bronson Park. Kalamazoo is the home to the start of Gibson Guitar Corporation which produces some of the finest quality guitars today. Western Michigan University resides in the city of Kalamazoo along with four other collegiate institutions. WMU is one of the 50 largest universities in the country and is among the top 100 public schools in the nation. The culture of Kalamazoo, Michigan is largely due to its college-town atmosphere and has become an area for arts where local artists are celebrated and festivals are held on an annual basis.