Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Hospitalist Advanced Practitioner in Cadillac, Michigan; Low Acuity; Procedures Not Required
Join our dynamic team of talented clinicians and thrive in a collaborative environment with a close-knit team, fostering a strong sense of camaraderie and an exceptional team atmosphere.
Munson Healthcare Cadillac Hospital serves seven counties in northern Michigan and is one of nine hospitals within the Munson Healthcare System. The hospital has been named a Top 100 rural and community hospital by the Chartis Group for 2023.
- 49-bed, nonprofit, community hospital
- Team of 4 physicians, 4 advanced practice providers, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU; 6-bed low acuity
- Procedures not required
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Michigan
- Acute care certification required (AGACNP / PA)
Location & Lifestyle
Cadillac is centrally located in northern lower Michigan. Cadillac is home to Lake Mitchell and Lake Cadillac, which are connected by a small canal among other inland lakes and rivers. Cadillac is home to Four Winns and offers exceptional boating plus fishing. In the winter, Cadillac is a popular downhill and cross-country skiing and snowboarding destination with 34 downhill runs and miles of trails.
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
When you join Sound, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling that mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so that our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians