Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Acute Care Advanced Practitioner Opportunity in Manchester, Connecticut
Manchester Memorial Hospital is a 249-bed acute care, community hospital celebrating the centennial of its founding in 1920. Along with Rockville General Hospital, Manchester Memorial is an affiliate of Eastern Connecticut Health Network, an established organization dedicated to serving the communities of greater Hartford since 1997. The hospital offers a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, strong sub-specialty presence, newly renovated patient rooms, and is also home to a family medicine residency program.
- Team of 9 physicians, 2 APPs, and a clinical performance nurse
- Closed ICU with 24/7 coverage by Sound’s intensivist team
- Procedures are not required
- No call environment
- Meditech EMR being updated to EPIC in 2024
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Open to NP or PA with acute care certification
- 1+ years of practicing, acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Manchester sits 10 miles east of Hartford and is conveniently located directly in between two major cities, Boston and New York. With excellent transportation options close by such as highways, railroads, and multiple international airports, but also the 1,000 acres of parkland and gardens, Hartford is an easy 20-minute commute! Central Connecticut offers a variety of housing styles and prices located in attractive neighborhoods, a plethora of award-winning schools, performing arts, and friendly, community-spirited residents.
- Connecticut offers 42 higher education institutions, a host of historical and cultural amenities, quality health care, and a diverse natural environment from the peak of
- Bear Mountain to the 1,065 miles of coastal shoreline, which includes all saltwater-influenced watercourses
- Nationally recognized for excellent public and private school systems
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value you bring when you are empowered to perform the full scope of your practice. From the start of your career with Sound Physicians, we will support you in providing the excellent care that you long to give each patient through continual professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will thrive in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, and patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.