Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care (Nocturnist)
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center combines convenience with leading-edge healthcare services. Located at Parmer Lane and Mopac Expressway, the facility has provided comprehensive medical services since 1995. The campus is home to the St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas (includes a Level III NICU), Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, Certified Stroke Center and rehabilitation services, and Kidney Transplant Center.
- 441-bed community hospital
- Established team of 2.5 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners; Exceptional multidisciplinary team
- 24-bed ICU – primarily caring for medical, surgical, and neuro patients
- One Intensivist from 7a-7p & 1 APP 7p-7a; Intensivists are on call to back-up APP’s overnight
- APP will conduct evening rounds, admit patients to ICU, and perform procedures (central lines, intubations, arterial lines, etc.)
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, and cardiac patients
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas
- Must be acute care certified with a minimum of 3 years of practice experience with recent critical care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Named the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin has a plethora of music venues and local bands to entertain endless crowds. The metro area is home to banner music festivals like Austin City Limits, a two-weekend-long fall event featuring major headliners and lesser-known acts, as well as South by Southwest. Those who are looking for a great dining experience will enjoy Austin’s bustling culinary scene, featuring an endless array of BBQ and food trucks, as well as fine dining restaurants. Outdoor amenities are endless – spend the day on Town Lake, or cool off Located inside off at Barton Springs is a natural pool fed by underwater springs.