Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Northwest Community Hospital is a 496-bed acute care hospital located in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The hospital was awarded the American Nurses Credentialing Center four-year designation for Magnet status for exemplary patient outcomes and satisfaction. Northwest Community Hospital is also designated as a Primary Stroke Center and 2021 Healthgrades award winner for patient safety excellence and recognized as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals
- Established team with 5 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 36-bed ICU (medical/surgical/neuro)
- No call environment
- Block shift schedule – 5 day block shift scheduling
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in IL; Acute care certification required with 1 year of ICU advanced practice provider experience
Location & Lifestyle
Arlington Heights is a welcoming suburban community with a small-town feel, offering accessibility to Chicago and other major cities. More than 76,000 people call Arlington Heights home with its excellent educational and recreational opportunities. Enjoy the perks of Chicago living with the space and comfort of a village lifestyle.
- Metra’s Union Pacific/Northwest Line provides daily rail service to downtown
- Arlington Park Race Track, home of the Arlington Million, a Breeder’s Cup event