Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Wyoming Medical Center has been recognized as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® in 2012, and 2013 for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by The Joint Commission. They have also been recognized with a Gold Seal of Approval for Hospital Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center Certification, and the Pathology and Clinical Laboratory Accreditation.
- 191-bed medical center offering 50+ specialties, nationally recognized centers of excellence, and the only air ambulance program in the state
- An established team of 15 physicians, 2 APPs, and the support of a clinical performance nurses
- Closed ICU with full intensivist management
- No procedures required
- ER runs codes
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Must be acute care certified; FNP candidates are not accepted at this facility
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within ACNP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Wyoming
Location & Lifestyle
Located at the foot of Casper Mountain along the North Platte River, Casper offers hiking, boating, skiing, kayaking, and several golf courses, including an 18-hole championship golf course. Casper draws crowds for a variety of sporting events year-round in its 10,000-seat event center, with popular showcasing the College National Finals Rodeo, the Casper Ghosts professional baseball team, and the AIFL Wyoming Calvary indoor football. As the central hub of Wyoming, Casper offers a thriving downtown full of shopping, businesses, restaurants, and entertainment, including the Wyoming Symphony Orchestra, Stage III theatre, and off-Broadway shows.