Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP’s that are provided to our physician providers.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital-Westover Hills is a 150-bed hospital which is located on a full-service health care campus, with state-of-the-art technology and offers a full scope of specialized services, including a mother and baby care center, advanced medical imaging, interventional cardiovascular services, and weight loss institute.
- Hospitalist team has 10 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance registered nurse
- Open ICU with 24/7 Intensivist on staff and excellent sub-specialty backup
- No procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas and 1 year of acute care experience as an NP or PA is required
Location & Lifestyle
San Antonio, where tradition and cosmopolitan style combine to make a city rich in culture, tradition, and authentic experiences. The San Antonio River Walk features restaurants, boutiques, entertainment, and some of the region’s richest historical and cultural sites along the serpentine route of the river. Here you can see five Spanish colonial missions, including the Alamo. Along the River Walk is one of the oldest sections of San Antonio – La Villita. First, it was home to Spanish soldiers serving at the Alamo, and in the late 1800s, French and German immigrants settled there. Now, it is a National Historic District brimming with arts, craft shops, and galleries. San Antonio is also home to world-class museums, including the San Antonio Museum of Art, which features exhibits of Latin American and Asian art as well as a number of folk and contemporary pieces. Additionally, as the home of pieces of artwork by visionaries such as Diego Rivera and Pablo Picasso, the McNay Art Museum invites you to see some of the world’s best contemporary and modern art.