Nocturnist Acute Care Advanced Practitioner
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital – Oklahoma City is a 773-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery, and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four SSM Health St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. SSM Health St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at SSM Health St. Anthony North.
- 773-bed regional referral hospital
- Established team consists of 25 physicians, 6 APPs, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Open ICU
- ED runs codes
- No procedures required
- 7 on/off, 7pm-7am
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Oklahoma
- Acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant with 1+ years of hospitalist experience as an APP required, not open to FNPs
Location & Lifestyle
Oklahoma City offers a unique blend of lifestyles from downtown urban lofts to historic preservation districts to upscale suburban neighborhoods, all within easy driving distance to St. Anthony Hospital. Plentiful outdoor activities include golf courses, tennis courts, rowing, and kayaking.
- Oklahoma Thunder NBA games and OKC Dodgers minor-league baseball games at the Bricktown ballpark
- The Oklahoma City Philharmonic, the Oklahoma City Art Museum, the Oklahoma City Ballet, and numerous stage productions throughout the year
- Annual community events include Red Earth, the Redbud Classic, Festival of the Arts, and Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon
SSM Health St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, and Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks SSM Health St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.