Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
A member of Signature Healthcare, Brockton Hospital is a community-based non-profit teaching hospital located in the heart of Brockton, MA. It has been serving the community since 1896. They are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- 216-bed, community hospital
- No call environment
- ICU runs codes, Hospitalist responds for history
- Closed ICU; Procedures are not required
- Work alongside nocturnist – 7p-7a
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license; Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, AANP)
- Minimum of 2 years of recent acute care experience preferred
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Location & Lifestyle
Brockton, MA is a suburb of Boston, MA in Plymouth county. It is the sixth-largest city in Massachusetts. Referred to as the “city of champions” because boxing legends Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler were natives. Brockton is rich in history as well as offering cultural activities, sporting events, festivals, shopping, and great schools.