Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Inova Alexandria Hospital is a 318- bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received national recognition for healthcare excellence. The hospital is dedicated to continually expanding programs and services to help ensure they meet the healthcare needs of the communities served today and in the future.
- An established team of 15 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Closed ICU
- Procedure experience is not required
- Work alongside nocturnist at night; in addition, swing shift clinician works until midnight to provide additional coverage
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Ohio; Acute care certification required
- Minimum 2 years of acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Situated in the Washington-Arlington metropolitan area, Alexandria’s picturesque waterfront offers dockside feasting, voyages along the Potomac River, or bike rides to George Washington’s Mount Vernon. Virginia is a four-season destination with the geography and climate to match every adventure seeker’s idea of fun!