Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into your new role. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation
Flaget Memorial Hospital is a 52-bed hospital serving patients from Hardin, Marion, Washington, Spencer, Bullitt, and LaRue counties. It is a member of KentuckyOne Health, a top health system in Bardstown, KY. The hospital opened in 2005 and is located in a park-like setting with all private rooms for a healing environment. Flaget Memorial Hospital has been nationally recognized for its award-winning orthopedic care, surgical care, and inpatient satisfaction.
- Established team of 4 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU-4 beds (all trauma sent to Louisville)
- Required procedures: central lines, intubations, and vent management (additional training available if needed)
- Hospitalist attend codes on own patients
- No call environment
- Schedule: 7 pm – 7 am, 7 on / 7 off
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Kentucky with acute care certification; 1-year recent acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Bardstown, a haven for the historian and traveler, is in the heart of Nelson County, located 30 miles south of Louisville. With its small friendly community and a population of just over 14,000, anyone can visit its many attractions within just a short walk of downtown. Located in the heart of the Bluegrass State, Bardstown offers the ultimate getaway with an atmosphere that seems to be magical, one can easily understand why Rand McNally and USA Today declared Bardstown in the Top 100 Most Beautiful Small Towns in America.
Bardstown also boasts the title of “Bourbon Capital of the World.” There are two bourbon distilleries in town Heaven Hill and Barton Brands. Several other distilleries are within a short drive. The well-known Maker’s Mark distillery is nestled in the hills and valleys of Loretto, just outside town. The world-famous Jim Beam distillery is also very near and is a must-see for visitors to the Bardstown area.