Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
Long Island Community Hospital is a 306-bed, academic, not-for-profit community hospital located in East Patchogue on Long Island and serves twenty-eight communities throughout Central Suffolk County and includes the main campus, two community multi-disciplinary health centers, and centers for hemodialysis programs, home health, and hospice/bereavement services. The hospital is designated as a Level 3 Trauma Center and is in the process of opening a state-of-the-art cardiac care center, ensuring that residents and visitors will receive technologically advanced medical care in emergent situations.
- Established team of 13 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Closed ICU: Procedure experience not required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license (NP/PA); Family medicine or acute care specialties accepted
- 1+ years of hospitalist experience required
Location & Lifestyle
East Patchogue is a hamlet in the town of Brookhaven, in Suffolk County, New York. With a population of roughly 21,000 residents, East Patchogue boasts picturesque beaches located on both its north and south shores and is conveniently located only 60 miles east of Manhattan and a short distance from the upscale beaches of the Hamptons. This family-friendly community is home to two excellent school districts, Patchogue Medford School District and South Country Central School District. The lifestyle typical of the area centers on village hubs, with a strong local community and neighborly small-town feel.