Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (PT) – St Augustine, FL
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Flagler Health+ is a total care enterprise aimed at advancing the physical, social, and economic health of Northeast Florida communities. From serving as the lead agency for St. Johns County’s Continuum of Care with an aim to end homelessness, to bring a new concept in health villages throughout the region, Flagler Health+ is your caring partner throughout the journey of life. Flagler Health+ is an extension of Flagler Hospital, which has a 130-year legacy of caring for the community.
The 335-bed hospital has been named among America’s 50 Best hospitals out of nearly 4,500 nationwide. Flagler Hospital has also earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission for primary stroke care centers, national accreditation for its total hip and total knee replacement programs, accreditation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer and is an Accredited Center in Bariatric Surgery.
- Established hospitalist team with 12 physicians, 10 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Intensivists run codes
- Closed ICU: Sound hospitalists only manage step down patients
- No procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Florida; a minimum of one year of recent acute care experience as an APP is required
Location & Lifestyle
St. Augustine is the oldest city in the US and its unique scenery and history set this city apart from any other in the country. This old city has a quaint feel but boasts a big appeal. Visitors can see why when they stroll along the brick-lined streets and delight in the city’s European flavor, with centuries-old buildings, horse-drawn carriages, hidden courtyards, and so much more. Saint Augustine has plenty of history to explore — more than 450 years of it!