Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Tri-City Medical Center was founded in 1961 with a mission to advance the health and wellness of its patients. As a full-service, an acute-care public hospital with 365 licensed medical beds and 28 bed ICU, Tri-City’s is one of the largest employers in North San Diego County servicing the three major cities of Oceanside, Vista, and Carlsbad.
- Established team with 21 physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalist team is responsible for in-house STEMI, stroke, and serves as backup to the ICU nurses for rapid response; ER is code blue team.
- Open ICU
- No procedures are required; the critical care team is available for procedural support
What Matters to You
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located just 40 miles north of San Diego and 90 miles south of Los Angeles, the community of Oceanside is the quintessential definition of a Southern California beach town. The laid back coastal city rests along the edge of the Pacific Ocean offering year-round pleasant temperatures and sunshine as the backdrop for endless adventures.
Awards and Accolades
- Fully Accredited by Joint Commission
- Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Care from the Joint Commission for outstanding stroke care
- Certificate of Distinction for Inpatient Diabetes Care from the Joint Commission
- First hospital in San Diego County to receive Cycle III Chest Pain Center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC)
- Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. With this recognition, Tri-City has been rewarded with the Target: Stroke Honor Roll for rapid stroke care from the American Heart Association
- Get With The Guidelines® – Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award heart failure from the American Heart Association
- Get With The Guidelines® – Resuscitation Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association
- Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Center – Gold Level Recognition Award from the American Heart Association
- Recognized by Newsweek as a 2021 “Best Maternity Care Hospital”
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for cardiac care and spine surgery by Blue Cross/Blue Shield