Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Barstow Community Hospital is your community healthcare provider; a 30-bed facility with inpatient and outpatient services, and medical, surgical, and emergency care. Barstow Community Hospital is an acute care facility providing some of the latest medical technology in the area, including 1.5 Tesla MRI, 32-slice CT, digital mammogram unit, 3D/4D ultrasound, and more.
- Excellent compensation offered
- 56-bed, community hospital
- 4 physician team
- Open ICU
- No call environment
- No procedures are required but physicians interested in procedures are welcome to apply
- Schedule: 24-hour schedule; approximately 7 24-hour shifts a month
- IM trained physicians preferred but will consider FM with experience
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Barstow is located in the Inland Empire North region of San Bernardino County, halfway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Barstow is located in the western Mojave at the entrance to the Mojave National Preserve. The city offers all of the major conveniences of small-town living with the resources of major metropolitan areas only a short drive away.