The Team - The Hospital
The Intensivist Group, a Sound Physicians affiliate, is the leading national provider of high quality and efficient critical care services to community hospitals. We improve patient care, patient, nursing, physician satisfaction, and quality outcomes while reducing hospital costs and risk. Please visit The Intensivist Group for more information.
Northwest Community Hospital is a 496-bed acute care hospital located in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The hospital was awarded the Leapfrog Group's designation as one of the nation's Top Hospitals based on quality and safety criteria and serves more than 30,000 inpatients annually.
- Magnet designation for Nursing excellence
- Designated as a Primary Stroke Center
- Established 5 physician team with 2 advanced practitioners
- 36-bed ICU
- 24/7 onsite coverage model
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Fellows are encouraged to apply
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine.
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location and Lifestyle
Arlington Heights is a village located in Cook County, Illinois, 25 miles northwest of Chicago.
- Suburban living with easy access to downtown Chicago
- Metra's Union Pacific/Northwest Line provides daily rail service to downtown
- Arlington Park Race Track, home of the Arlington Million, a Breeders Cup event