Critical Care Physician job in San Jose, California!
San Jose is located in the heart of Silicon Valley nestled between the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains and South Bay. San Jose residents enjoy 300 days of sunshine annually, giving you plenty of time to stroll through The Municipal Rose Garden, spend an evening listening to live music at San Pedro Square Market, or take the kids to Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked San Jose the 3rd best city to live in 2017 based on quality of life, school systems, and economic growth.
- Easy commute to San Francisco, Berkeley, Pebble Beach, and Napa Valley
- San Jose was recognized nationally by Forbes as 7th for schooling options and 19th for job growth.
Completely renovated in 2015, the facility offers a comprehensive array of inpatient and outpatient services through six Centers of Excellence including emergency/trauma, cardiovascular, women and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care and medical/surgical services.
- Level II Trauma Center
- 34 bed ICU – Medical, Surgical, Cardiothoracic, and Neuro ICU patients
- Comprehensive Stroke Center with a team of Neurologists, Neuro-Surgeons, Neuro-Intensivists, Neuro-Interventional Radiologists.
- Providing care with the latest technologies – Nihon Kohden, Glidoscope, Zonare Ultrasound
- Established Team of 6 Intensivists & APP’s. Growing to 8 Full-Time Intensivists
- 24/7 coverage - block schedule with 12 hour shifts (no call)
- Active ECMO service established by our Intensivists in collaboration with Cardio Thoracic surgery.
Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded Sepsis Certification from the Joint Commission
- Recognized as “America’s 100 Best Hospitals™” (Healthgrades, 2016)
- “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care 2015-2017™” (Healthgrades, 2017)
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine.
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- Fellows and recent grads are encouraged to apply
The Intensivist Group is part of Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization focused on improving quality, patient satisfaction and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. Our success is based on the multi-disciplinary model, standardization of practice, measurement of process and outcome, and teamwork with the medical staff.
Our intensivists are change agents within the hospital ICU setting. We ensure physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care to drive improved outcomes within a culture that promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose.