As an Advanced Practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
This is your opportunity to be a part of hospitalist services in this community hospital providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services. Featuring a comprehensive list of specialties, this hospital is a leader in addressing the health and medical needs of the community.
The Team – The Hospital
Western Maryland Regional Medical Center
- 260 bed, state of the art facility
- Established 16 physician team with advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- Open ICU with intensivist support
- Day and Nocturnist positions available – Schedule is flexible based on provider preference
- Block schedule – 7 on/7 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
*** Current, unrestricted license in Maryland is strongly preferred. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Due to the level of autonomy required working on night shift, this the Nocturnist position is not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidate with minimum of 2 years with recent acute care experience.
Location and Lifestyle
Nestled in the mountains of western Maryland, Allegany County and the tristate, area offer a quality lifestyle ideal for both couples and families.
- Two hours from Baltimore, MD and Pittsburgh, PA
- Known for its scenic state parks and outdoor activities
- All types of housing – from a home in a historic district, a contemporary home in a pleasant neighborhood, to a home with a fantastic view in a pastoral setting
- Wonderful cost of living makes owning a beautiful home very affordable