As an Advanced Practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
This is your opportunity to be a part of hospitalist services in this community hospital providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services. Featuring a comprehensive list of specialties, this hospital is a leader in addressing the health and medical needs of the community.
- Sound has wonderful opportunities in the Boston area in both acute hospitals of varying size and long-term acute care hospitals
- Night shift opportunities available
- Supportive supervising physicians are available to mentor and collaborate to provide mentoring
- Quality and patient satisfaction initiatives are an integral part of Sound’s way of practicing hospital medicine
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Massachusetts and board certified. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Experience required: An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years with recent acute care experience.
Location and Lifestyle
- Located just 30 minutes to Boston
- Enjoy the amenities of Boston with the ability to live in the suburbs and have a reverse traffic commute.